Dallas, TX – Event Photographer – Two Firsts and a Fiftieth


February 8th was, so far, one of the busiest days of the year for me.   Not only did I have to get up at 6:00 am to endure the freezing temperatures and traffic for the Hot Chocolate 5k race at Fair Park, I also had three birthday parties to shoot; two firsts and one fiftieth.  I required lots of coffee that day.

The first birthday party of the day was for a returning client, the Barron Family, their daughter, Suzy was turning 1.  They had her party at their home in Plano.  I was sad to hear beforehand that the Barrons had decided to move to Chicago, so it was an honor to me that they wanted me to capture this special day for them.  I arrived early to set up and get pictures of the Itsy Bitsy Spider decorations, Goldi did a great job!  Suzy’s little friends joined as well as some more family and the party began.  Suzy got lots of presents and attacked her first birthday cake.  She was loving it!  What a great day for the Barrons!

After Suzy’s party, I immediately had to rush to Lewisville for another returning client, the Watkins.  Their son, Aiden was also turning 1.  The theme was Dr. Seuss and the cupcakes, by Sweet Treats, were the cutest I’ve ever seen!  Jennifer and Greg had several friends and family in their home to celebrate.  Aiden too, received several gifts; however, he didn’t attack his first birthday cake.  Instead, he savored it by taking his time.  It was still a messy ordeal, but he definitely took his time.  This was  a day to remember for the Watkins.

After Aiden’s party, I had about 2 hours before the next party, but only so much fuel to go on.  I basically napped while uploading images.  Then it was time to get going.  Purnima Kumar was throwing a party at her home in Dallas for her friend, Samir; it was his 5oth birthday.  I have to say, it was certainly a change from taking pictures of kid parties all day.  Samir had lots of friends come to celebrate with him.  There was food, music and dancing. And they all went out of their way to make me feel welcome and not just there to work.  The cake didn’t quite have 50 candles but enough for Samir to blow out in one sweep and stun everyone.  He did that so fast, all I got was smoke.  Champagne was then served and they insisted I have some.  I had a great time and I hope they call me again.

Overall, it was a long day, but a good one.  I got home right before midnight and needless to say, I crashed.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *



F a c e b o o k
I n s t a g r a m
G o o g l e   +